Monday, February 14, 2011

Single's Awareness Day

So I'm posting again, mostly because I just had to share with you what I made for my Single Valentine's Day dinner! They're not that fast but let me just tell you, they are soooo yummy. Homemade chicken enchiladas with sauted red peppers and onions.



So for the complete recipe and for where I got this picture go here. She also shows how to make it step by step which is really cool: A Sweet Pea Chef

What I did differently though, is after the chicken cooked, I set it aside and sliced up some red peppers and onions in thin slices then sauted them in a pan with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Once they were done, when I was assembling the enchiladas, I put them in with the meat and the cheese in the tortillas. SOOO GOOD!

These with a glass of wine, a movie and the funfetti cupcakes I'll be making later as well, make Valentine's Day a little more bearable.

Oh but just a little tip for all you singles out there, NEVER go to Albertsons or any shopping establishment on Valentine's Day unless you want to see all the men buying flowers for their ladies. Totally depressing...I made that mistake, thus the reason for the funfetti cupcakes to come later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment