Monday, February 7, 2011

B is for Banana

Well, the Superbowl is over and my beloved Steelers lost. :( I'm not gonna give a rant about the game, I'm going to be a good sport and just say good job Green Bay. It's just a game, there's always next season, and we didn't play that well so we didn't really deserve to win. Green Bay pretty much got a free pass to a SB ring. But that's all I'm sayin!

However, I will comment on the half time show and let me just say it was AWFUL. Seriously awful. Fergie just needs to go away in my opinion. Usher made it slightly better but for the most part it was an epic fail.

I went home for the Superbowl and had a party with my neighbors, The Court. It was awesome, they are like my extended family and I love hanging out with them. So much better than any party I would have gone to if I had stayed down at school.

But I thought I'd share a recipe I made while I was home. Banana Pancakes!! Soooo yummy.

What you need:
Pancake mix (the stuff where you just add water is perfect)
2 Bananas (preferably pretty ripe ones with a few brown speckles on them...it makes them easier to mash and when you cook them they get sweeter)
Skillet
Butter

Directions:
1. Heat up skillet
2. Mix pancake mix with water to desired consistency
-More water = thinner pancakes
-Less water = thicker pancakes
-I like thick pancakes so I only add water until it is gooey but yet it still will slide off the spoon easily when you put it in the skillet. I recommend making them thicker to hold the bananas.
3. Next, mash up 1 whole banana
4. Add to pancake batter and mix it together
5. Add butter to skillet so that pancakes don't stick
6. Add batter to skillet into desired size
7. Take the other banana and cut slices of banana and put them on top of the pancake in the skillet
8. Wait until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes and then flip.
9. Finish cooking and enjoy!!

The bananas will glaze up nicely and be really sugary and sweet. Top with your favorite syrup or powdered sugar or even more bananas!

Also, another yummy addition to this are pecans if you like nuts or chocolate chips would be amazing. I've also topped these with peanut butter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment