Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just "Stumbling" along...

So I have recently become addicted to the site, Stumbleupon.com. It is genius! For those of you who don't know, you sign up and it will ask for you to check some boxes with your interests (things like, art, history, media, cooking, music, humor...etc. there are a TON of things to choose from). Then you hit "Stumble" and it sends you to a random website. It can be anything from a simple picture, to a blog, to a funny youtube video....it just depends on the interests you checked. When you're done with the site it took you too, there's a bar at the top and you hit "Stumble" again and it'll send you to another page and you repeat that process until before you know it you've will have just spent 4 hours (at least) "Stumbling" around the internet.

I have learned so many things I never thought I'd learn on my own by browsing the net. But anyways, I was taken to this site that was talking about Ancient Mysteries and there is this document that has unknown language and pictures on it and no one is able to figure out what they mean. This made me wonder what people thousands of years from now will think about us. What if that unknown parchment was just someone's random sketching and drawing or what if it was even a joke? That's totally something someone today would do; write some random gibberish and draw some random pictures and "preserve" it for people to find and ponder over and write in history books about. It made me laugh thinking about what that person would think to know that their random piece of paper was causing people now so much stress and speculation.

Just something to think about! And I highly recommend Stumbleupon.com. I spend more time doing that then Facebook now a days and it's WAY more educational. :)

2 comments:

  1. Is this what you're leaving FB for? It's a good site I suppose, but yeah FB gets mindless after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not really, it'll help not miss it though lol.
    I'm leaving FB because it's starting to bug me. It's too impersonal...
    We'll see how long I last though :)

    ReplyDelete