Monday, March 28, 2011

Name? Birthday?....Hobbies?

"What's your favorite hobby?"

I hate this question. Mostly because I have waaaaaay too many and choosing one is nearly impossible. However, teachers tend to love this question, especially on the first day of classes. People usually stick to the cookie cutter answers and frankly I don't blame them, I do it too. My real hobbies are a little strange...for example, I like to create things -- meaning I take whatever is lying around the house (aka trash, toilet paper rolls, bits of paper, boxes etc) and make things. Or, another hobby, cutting out words from a magazine and making a collage...or I collect coins...or my signature hobby you could say, is learning about wolves....but I could go on and on...and on and on and on.

Today in class I just said photography.

But this got me to thinking about those Myspace Surveys people used to do back in the day. I loved them! Most people hated them. But I thought it was a great way to get to know someone. Plus, I just like to fill out surveys. Or forms, or even those slips of paper that are in between magazine pages that you're supposed to mail in...I would fill those out and not mail them. I guess that's another one of my strange hobbies.

But anyways, I've decided that no matter how outdated Myspace is now, I'm going to do a survey right here for this blog post. :)
I got most of these questions from a collection of actual myspace surveys.
So enjoy! or ignore if you were one of those people who hated these things.

1. What is your full name?
Lauren Aimee Donovan

2. Birthday?
April 5th, 1989 -- In a week!!! :)

3. Do you have any scars?
Yes, two. One on my wrist from where I attempted to make homemade root beer and it exploded and sliced my wrist open and the second one is from a high heel accident...I stepped on the top of my own foot with my heel haha.

4. Have you ever cried during a move?
Yes, a few. The main one is The Notebook...

5. What is your favorite flower?
Pink tulips! or roses haha.

6. Favorite season?
Fall and winter...I hate spring and summer. Spring because of my allergies, summer because I don't like being hot.

7. Have you ever been in a car accident?
I think two...once when I was little and then the second one was coming back from Tahoe we were in a huuuuge fender bender that involved two semi's and like 20 cars...it was a domino effect type deal...

8. Favorite smell?
men's cologne and christmas trees

9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Football!!!! Go steelers!!! Sundays are meant to sit around and watch football all day...

10. What are you afraid of?
Sharks and scary movies.

11. Perfect pizza?
Hawaiian with bacon. Or combo.

12. Favorite alcoholic drink?
Champagne

13. Have you ever broken a bone?
Yes, three times. Once I was tide pooling, I fell and broke my pinkie finger...I broke the same finger in a roller blading accident and then I've also broken my wrist.

14. Favorite book? and last book you read?
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and I read like five books over Spring Break. One of them was Unbroken by the author who wrote Seabiscuit. I HIGHLY recommend it, one of the best books I've ever read. It's non-fiction and about this guy who was a soldier during WW2.

15. Favorite movie?
Pride and Prejudice, Band of Brothers....pretty much any war movies.

16. Are you religious?
Yup. I pray all the time and God shows his presence everywhere if you just take the time to look.

17. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Nope, sorry.

18. How many countries have you visited?
Canada, Mexico, Italy, France

19. How many states?
15...I might be forgetting one or two...

20. What is your favorite animal?
wolves :)

21. What is your dream car?
I looooove a hot car.....hmmm, A black Ferarri 599....but okay, if we're being serious, I'd settle for a Lexus IS250 or a BMW 335i...but regardless black is the way to go. Actually, I'd even settle for the the 2010 Subaru Legacy which is the car my mom has right now.

22. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Ireland or Scotland!

23. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Oh yes, a bunch of times as a kid...if I was on timeout I'd crawl out my window and show up at the sliding glass door around the other side of the house.

24. Who was the last person you couldn't take your eyes off of?
This hot guy in one of my classes...too bad he didn't get added from the waitlist :( there goes my eye candy!

25. Would you burn the American Flag for a million dollars?
NO WAY. I'll stay poor, thanks.

26. Think of a random person and give them a message here -- no names:
Hmm, I wonder if you read my blog. ;)

27. Do you have a bad temper?
I've been known to have a temper occasionally. Not many people have seen it though, consider yourself lucky.

28. Are you a forgiving person?
Typically yes.

29. Childhood memory?
Telling my younger brother that in order to join the club my best friend and I had, he had to eat a "cookie", well the cookie we gave him was a dog treat. Yes, he ate it. haha.
Or flooding my backyard with a foot of water just so I could play in the mud.

30. Favorite type of cake?
fruit basket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment