Friday, July 30, 2010

ReDONKulous

So I usually don't get out to see many movies when they're out in theaters. Usually because I don't feel like spending an outrageous amount of money. I remember when movies were five dollars. FIVE DOLLARS! Ahhhh, those were the days. But lately I've actually been seeing a lot of movies out in theaters. I've seen Ironman 2, Shrek 3, Twilight, Toy Story 3, Inception and Despicable Me. I feel like there's one I'm forgetting but seriously, this list is long for me. And also surprising is I liked them all, some I was very surprised about actually.

Like Twilight for instance because the first two were so awful, the acting made me cringe and I can't stand Edward or Bella for that matter. But the third one, Eclipse, was actually decent. Jacob was looking fantastic, mmm, and they actually put in some action scenes which spiced it up (not to mention the kiss on top of the mountain, damnnn). Bella also stood up for herself, finally! I can't stand weak main characters...

I also saw Ironman 2 and Shrek 3 at the Drive in, which I will write about how awesome the drive in is in a minute but I loved Ironman 2 and thought Shrek 3 was just adorable. I liked the first Ironman which weirdly enough I also saw at the drive in. Robert Downey Jr is hot, hot, hot. I also love how funny he makes the movies. Shrek 3 was also really cute. I didn't like the second one, the first one was good but this might just be my favorite of the three. It was funny and while most third movies in the series die, this one definitely held its own.

Now this brings me to another animated movie and another third movie in the series, Toy Story 3. EPIC. Like the facebook group says, "Move aside children, I have been waiting 11 years for Toy Story 3" It was awesome and I loved it and I teared up at the end I'll admit it.

I seem to be seeing a lot of animated movies because I also went and saw Despicable Me with my grandparents and thought it was cute and funny for sure. Not to mention the 3D was soooooo good! I thought it was a very cute movie and it was also one I was surprised about because I knew it was going to be good but it turned out to be better than just good.

Annnd lastly, Inception. I don't even know what to say about this movie besides the fact that I can't believe someone actually thought up that idea. How ingenious and creative and imaginative. I'm kind of jealous that I don't think that way because I would be making a ton of money right now and twisting people's minds like this guy is. Inception was definitely one of the better movies I've seen in a long time. I love movies like that that make you think and make you follow along instead of just sitting there and watching something. Although I will say this, I thought that Shutter Island was waaay more of a "mindfuck" as people are calling it (pardon my language) than Inception, even thought people said it was predictable, I don't know. I think they could have toyed with us a lot more in Inception but maybe they were being nice haha, either way, it was awesome and I will definitely go see it again.

I have also been very impressed with the quality of the 3D movies lately. I saw Avatar in 3D when it came out and I don't know whether it was the theater or not but I wasn't impressed. I saw Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me in a different theater and both in 3D and it was awesome. Either way, 3D is quickly becoming an impressive piece of technology and I hope that more movies are going to be in 3D, Can you imagine if Inception had been in 3D????? I also absolutely LOVE the drive in. I think its an awesome idea and its cheap. You pay half of what you'd pay at the movie theater to see TWO movies. And not just stupid movies either, box office hits that are out in theaters at the time. It's awesome.

The last thing I want to say too, is I saw Book Of Eli recently, (not in theaters, on demand type deal) and thought it was one of my favorite movies. Denzel Washington is a beast. If you didn't already know this then watch that movie and you will see exactly why he is a beast haha. Great movie.

I love movies and I love going to the movie theater to watch movies, I'm just sad it has to be so expensive... :(

(PS: If you didn't see Shrek 3, you won't understand my blog title haha) :)

2 comments:

  1. I was happy you recommended Inception, I saw it last week and it blew my mind. I stayed until the credits ended to see if they'd show if the little top would fall over or not. I definitely need to see it again, might notice something I missed the first time through. Music was fantastic too, Hans Zimmer is amazing at soundtracks. I'm pretty sure he did Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator? He might've done Band of Brothers soundtrack too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove Hans Zimmer, he didn't do Band of Brothers but I'm pretty sure he did The Last Samurai and The Dark Knight. I'm glad you liked Inception! I need to go see it again too :)

    ReplyDelete