Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

I have decided to turn over a new leaf today.

For as long as I have enjoyed writing, I have had this self constructed road block built up. This road block keeps me from ever finishing anything I write and it has long been a goal of mine to write a novel and get it published.

Today is the day I'm going to tear that road block down.
Or at least, begin the process of bashing it to pieces.

My writing bug is back and lets hope that I can keep it this time because I am more determined then ever to finish something. I have one short story to my name. Only one, yet I have maybe about 50 starts to novels and random spurts of writing. This is not acceptable.

Even if my goal of finishing a novel is still some ways away in the future. My recent ambition is to write a childrens book. And boy is it HARD. You would think that writing something that contains nothing more than a few short sentences would be easy but I was wrong, oh so very, VERY wrong. It is probably the most challenging thing I've ever had to write. I can sit down and write essays for days. I can write excerpts from novels but a childrens book? It's a little overwhelming to tell the truth.

But I'm going to do it. One of these days you'll see my name in the bookstores.
Count on it.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, ya it is easy to start a story, but trying to include everything in your head while keeping the story headed in the right direction can be a challenge, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I'll read anything if you want to send it ahead of time, I liked the short story you have!

    ReplyDelete