Monday, January 3, 2011

Twenty eleven.

"New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions." Mark Twain

So I really don't like New Year's. I always feel like there's too much pressure to welcome in a new year, like making resolution no one will keep and not to mention trying to find a New Year's kiss.

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." Hal Borland

I'm the type of person who sometimes gets too nostalgic and too thoughtful so New Years is NOT the best holiday for me because that's basically what the holiday is all about; remembering the past year and thinking about the coming year.

"He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool."
F.M. Knowles

I also never make resolution because I always manage to not keep them. I try to make goals some time after New Year's because I seem to keep those better if I don't title them resolutions. However, I decided to make a list this year, just to humor myself and whoever else cares so the following are my resolution for 2011, or at least the ones I can actually type out for public viewing ;)

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential." Ellen Goodman

1. Write a little every day.
2. Hike more.
3. Do something "artsy" every day.
4. Cut down on complaining.
5. Be more positive.
6.
7.
8.
9. Find a job.
10. Don't stay cooped up in my apt.
11. Get another tattoo.

(6-8 are private resolutions lol)

So with that said, I hope that everyone has as amazing 2011 and that all the resolutions that you make are successful.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
T.S. Eliot


2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a reaction box to check titled "extremely insightful"!

    ReplyDelete